Crooked or misaligned teeth not only look unappealing, but also make it difficult to clean them. When teeth are not cleaned properly, it eventually leads to periodontal diseases while there is also a risk of tooth and bone damage and even tooth loss. Thus, it becomes imperative to properly align your teeth in order to avoid all these conditions. Teeth are best aligned by making use of teeth braces. However, the conventional braces tend to look less attractive and are, most of the time, uncomfortable. For a lot of people, they may create some painful situations. For adults, it becomes embarrassing to wear braces and therefore many will avoid completely to wear them. If you want to combat these issues associated with conventional braces, then you should consider wearing Invisalign. They are a great alternative to the traditional braces and are highly recommended by the dental experts around the globe.
To help you make a decision, here are the top advantages of Invisalign:
- Better Appearance: One of the greatest advantages of Invisalign is that they do change the way your teeth look while wearing the braces. On an adult, the metallic braces become rather noticeable and this is the reason that a lot of people avoid getting them. Therefore, with Invisalign, the aligners aren’t noticeable and no one can make out that you are wearing braces. Check out these top 10 FAQ’s about Invisalign.
- Eat Anything: When you are wearing the traditional braces, they can create some difficulties in eating and chewing food. Furthermore, there are lots of foods such as popcorns, chewing gum, candy etc. which you need to avoid as it tends to get stuck. With Invisalign you are free to eat whatever you want without being concerned about the food sticking in your braces.
- More Comfortable: Your Invisalign braces can be removed easily whenever required. Once metal braces are attached on teeth, they cannot be removed until the entire course is completed which could last 1 to 2 years, depending on the kind of teeth and the amount of time required to get them in the proper alignment. In case of Invisalign, the aligners can be removed whenever required.
- Better Oral Care: When you have traditional braces it becomes difficult to brush and floss accurately due to the metal fixtures that are fixed on your teeth. Because of this, your oral health is affected and often you may end up with yellow and/or cavity filled teeth. This is not the case with Invisalign, as you can remove it anytime you want so that you can brush and floss properly.
- No Pain or Irritation: The metal wires and fixtures are notorious for causing pain, mouth sores and ulcers. The treatments are rather long and therefore, patients are forced to live through the pain. The Invisalign aligners are made of smooth plastic that are customized on your teeth making the treatment comfortable and pain free.
- Less Visits to the Dentist: With traditional braces, you will need to visit the dentist often for tightening and aligning the fixtures. Furthermore, due to the other oral health problems that may appear, you will need cleaning and intensive treatments. With Invisalign this is not a problem anymore, as you will have to visit the dentist only every 4 to 6 weeks. It thus requires less commitment and can fit easily into your busy schedule.
- Patients know what to Expect: The treatment plan for the patient is entirely computerized. In this way, the patient will know exactly what to expect and how the braces will turn out and for how long they need to be worn. With metal braces this is not possible and it is mainly trial and correction, making them to be worn for a longer duration than Invisalign clear braces.
Due to so many advantages associated with Invisalign, it doesn’t come as a surprise that a lot of people are opting for these kind of braces over the traditional ones. The traditional braces come with a set of problems and the entire process is very long and rather painful. Invisalign, on the other hand, shows the same results, but in a much simpler way and it doesn’t make it painful for the patient.
It is better that you get your Invisalign made out from reputed and certified dentists who are comfortable with Invisalign treatments. There are lots of dentists who claim to have knowledge about Invisalign, however certification is important. It is after all a matter of good teeth and you do not want to compromise on this. Take recommendation from friends and family and only then decide to get your Invisalign aligners.