What is porcelain veneer?
A thin layer of porcelain veneer strip is used for layering over the tooth. The strips are placed in front of the tooth. The procedure also involves removal of the tooth enamel to about 0.7 mm to allow this layering. Trimming is certainly a part of the procedure as the tooth surface goes through the preparatory stage. An impression is then taken to adjudge the thickness and size of the veneer. In case the veneer is made from the conventional technique of putty, then it will take some time to create a fabricated porcelain veneer. A temporary filling or veneer will be suggested by the dentist. In another technologically advanced method, the fabrication is created immediately with the help of a camera-based image. Anesthesia depends on the comfort zone of the patient.
The thick porcelain veneer layer on the teeth changes the curvature of the lips and this makes them appear fuller. Surely, this results in a great smile. The process of bonding the veneer with the tooth is a skilled and delicate one and is performed by an experienced dentist. The thickness and even quality in each tooth has to be appreciated, as it is a mark of perfection by a renowned dentist.
Technical benefits of porcelain
- The bonding treatment gives more tenacity and sturdiness to the porcelain and hence it is a durable.
- The lustrous ability of porcelain is well explored. The reconstructed tooth allows light to pass through it and hence it includes aesthetic appeal with its translucent ability.
- Improve facial features.
- Better smile with a natural appearance in the teeth set
- Easy to maintain and take care
- Perfection in teeth structure
- Long life ranging from 5 to 10 years
- No injections required
- Best way to reduce wrinkles
- No healing time
- Enhances and brings more appeal to the entire face
- Closes space between the teeth.
- Improves smile and aesthetic appeal
- No fillers or surgery required
- Porcelain veneer does not stain easily.
- Not painful
- The veneer bonds well with gums and inner part of the lips
- Temporary options available too.
Is the cost justified?
The porcelain veneer technique is a better option than a dermal filler. The cost is high but justified due to its various benefits. The maintenance on them is low as it only requires basic care. The dentist may also advise you to abstain from certain foods in case you have sensitive teeth. The long life of porcelain technique maintains your smile for at least 5 to 10 years. The treatment is also effective for people who want to go for a makeover with the help of a non-invasive technique. The shape and color of the tooth can be changed and this is a huge benefit for many who are aspiring to improve their looks with the help of luscious looking lips that seem natural. This also suits the needs for people with stained and misaligned teeth and has been waiting for a cosmetic method to enrich their life.
How to go about the treatment?
- Seek an appointment with your dentist.
- Express your concern about your present problems.
- Getting to know the various tooth colors also helps you to make a decision.
- Discuss about a fractured tooth.
- Is there a waiting time?
- Find solutions for highly misaligned teeth structures.
- Get to know the estimate of the total treatment.
FAQ’s which you can use when you meet the dentist:
- Do I need to take special care or any special toothpaste after the treatment?
- Is the cost lumpsum or as based on per tooth treatment?
- What is solution for misaligned teeth?
- Do I need to avoid any foods during and after the treatment?
- How are the gaps between teeth addressed in the procedure?
- Are there any side effects?
- What is the duration of the sitting?
- What happens if the tooth is chipped or cracked?
- What happens if I develop decays?
Meeting up with the dentist will surely yield results. The Dentist will examine your teeth with the help of X rays and oral examination. Several slides as well as photographs are shown to you and as per your facial features and bone structure; a particular look for your teeth is suggested. Dentists may also use a morph technique using advanced software to have a better picture of your enhanced features after the treatment. The entire procedure will be explained to you. Once you are convinced you can surely commence the treatment and get ready for a more confident & captivating smile.
This also is a solution for people who have chipped or cracked tooth due to an accident. The procedure is very simple and the benefits are huge. It is admirable to note that porcelain veneer technique is an effective and trusted treatment for many who are planning to highlight their smile and experience fuller lips to enhance their personality.