Your smile is the first thing people notice when they meet you, so if you have lost confidence in your look, cosmetic dentistry can help. A fast way to completely transform and protect your worn, stained and chipped teeth is with a set of pristine porcelain veneers. The instant transformation porcelain veneers will make to your smile is incredible – and that’s why we are seeing more and more of our valued clients choosing to invest in their smile.
As the name implies, veneers are custom-made shells of thin porcelain that are attached to your teeth, completely covering your natural teeth. The veneers are semi-transparent and you can choose which natural shade and shape of porcelain best suits your mouth and skin tone. Veneers are most usually applied just to the teeth that are visible when smiling, but can be used to restore any broken or unsightly tooth.
Why choose to get porcelain veneers?
There are a range of reasons that veneers are a great choice for worn out teeth, including:
- Stained and discoloured teeth
Cover unappealing teeth with pearly white porcelain shells.
- Chipped or broken teeth
A veneer bonds to your chipped tooth to restore functionality and protect the natural tooth.
- Unwanted gaps between teeth
Since you can choose the size and shape of the veneer, unsightly gaps can be filled.
- Slightly misaligned teeth
Veneers encourage the misaligned tooth to adopt a straighter position.
The great thing about veneers is that they’re hard to stain, so will stay whiter and brighter for longer. Your natural teeth will also benefit from an extra layer of protection and increased strength, as well as regaining superior functionality when eating and speaking since you have a new set of veneers instead of chipped teeth. Like always, maintaining a regular oral hygiene regime is vital for optimal veneer longevity.
How to get that winning smile
In just 2 appointments, the expert team at Sydney’s Rainbow Dental will transform your teeth into a bright, white and gorgeous smile. Here’s how:
- At your initial consultation, we’ll assess the condition of your teeth and ensure veneers are the right choice for you. Your teeth will be thoroughly cleaned and prepped for the veneers. Some enamel may be removed to get the desired tooth impression. Our dentist will take the impression of your mouth in order to create the veneers to the exact size and shape required. The impression will be sent off for creation at our dental laboratory, which usually takes a week or two. A non-permanent veneer can be attached short term if required.
- At your second appointment, your teeth will be etched to create a rough surface for optimal veneer bonding. The porcelain veneers will then be permanently bonded to your teeth using a special adhesive and exposed to ultraviolet light to solidify the bond. Then your new smile will be revealed!
It really is that easy. Best of all, you can be confident that your cosmetic dentistry procedures are carried out by Rainbow Dental Practice’s reputable and experienced dentists. We’re always ready to answer any questions about the right porcelain veneer for your circumstances. Don’t put off a lifetime of brilliant smiles. Schedule your appointment today on 02 8021 5285.