Prevention is better than cure
It is a good thing that your oral health is completely under your control, and you can do what it takes to keep your teeth healthy and your smile great for all your life.
Preventive dentistry helps you avoid dental decay and gum disease
At Rainbow Dental Practice in Sydney Olympic Park we believe every patient deserves to benefit from a healthy, beautiful smile. Our state-of-the-art dental technology and caring attitude will help you take care of your mouth maintain your natural teeth for life.
We recommend a dental check-up every six months for a thorough examination, whether you have any dental problems or not. Along with the regular check-ups and professional cleaning, you also need to maintain a good oral hygiene regime to ensure that your teeth and gums remain healthy.
For new patients we offer GAP FREE Check up and Clean as part of promoting better Oral Health.
Your check-up at Rainbow Dental
During your check-up at Rainbow Dental, we will conduct a thorough examination of your teeth and gums, looking for signs of decay, breakage, plaque, and swollen or bleeding gums. We also screen for oral cancer to cover all the bases.
If necessary, we will also take a digital x-ray of your mouth to compare your teeth to the previous visit. By doing this, we are able to keep an eye on the progression of tooth decay, gum diseases, and other abnormalities. If we detect any problems, we can suggest treatment immediately to prevent further complications and get the problem sorted at the minimum cost.
With preventive dentistry at Rainbow Dental, you can avoid cavities, enamel loss, gingivitis, and periodontitis. Everyone benefits from regular dental check-ups – both children and adults. For children, preventive dentistry ensures that their developing teeth come in healthy and strong. Older adults also benefit significantly because it prevents tooth loss and helps them maintain their real teeth.
Oral health is closely linked to the overall health of your body. Maintaining a clean mouth can cut the risk of developing other illnesses as well.
Tips for preventive dental care
Here are some tips from our dentists for healthy gums and teeth.
- Brush twice a day and floss at least once. Use a soft toothbrush with rounded bristles to minimise the abrasion. Replace the toothbrush every three months. Children’s toothbrushes need to be replaced more often.
- Eat a healthy diet. Eating right can help you fend off gingivitis, periodontal disease, and plaque.
- Visit us for a dental check-up at least every six months. This will allow us to assess your smile and oral health, and also clean any food debris and plaque that you have not been able to remove by brushing and flossing.
- Visit us immediately if you notice any signs of inflammation, bleeding, or pain. Get gum diseases identified and treated before it becomes severe. Also screen for oral cancer on a regular basis. Sores that do not go away within two weeks may be due to cancer. Get it checked immediately.
- Avoid cigarettes and other tobacco products. Reduce consumption of alcohol. Both tobacco and alcohol have been linked to causing or worsening oral cancer.